If you can see in the picture from my post yesterday (look close!) my mom has a small beauty mark near the base of her neck. I don't notice it any more than I notice that my mom has a nose, nor do I think most people notice it, but I suppose you would call it a distinguishing feature. (side note: I always know when I have been watching too many crime shows when I think about what distinguishing feature of mine would help identify my body...sick...but if you must know what it is, I have a permanent retainer on the back of my top 2 front teeth...and if my teeth were missing, I have a birthmark just below my right calf...anyway, I digress...)
Olivia almost always notices Grammi's birthmark and has a funny little fascination with it. She often asks, "Can I touch your mark?" It always cracks us up!
The best part? When I showed Olivia the picture of Grammi & Grandpa "found", she said, "Oh look! There's Grammi's mark!" I guess that's how she knows it's really her! :)
I love her.
4 comments:
Attention to such detail!! I have known your mom for 24 or so years and I neve knew she had a birthmark on her neck!
I also think about distinguishing features to identify myself or my loved ones with... sick, indeed.
Oh this post has perfect timing. I just "reminded" Josh yesterday about the birthmark on my right palm. Maybe this is a female thing? Or maybe a Type A trait...
I agree with Delinda that it's a type A trait. I have thought of my characteristics since I was in high school. The set of triangle moles on my upper left arm. I now have the two tattoos, which help, but Tim has NOTHING! AAAAAHHHHHHH!
Ehlan you crack me up. so funny that you said.... "and if my teeth were missing"... like saying.. "if my right arm 'happened' to be missing.
not sure why that struck me so funny, but it did.
:)
Post a Comment