I just had a reminder about this excellent story, and although I promised I wouldn't play catch-up, this one is too priceless not to blog about!
Sometime this past summer...
Olivia came into the bathroom while I was getting ready and asked, "Mom, how do you push a baby out of your body?"
Me (internally)... oh crap, here we go, well I will answer with as much information as needed until she stops...
Me: Well, you push a baby out of your bottom.
Olivia: You mean your butt?
Me (internally)... oh crap.
Me: No, your vagina. (Yes she knows she has one.)
Olivia: Oh! Okay!
Fast forward a week of so... (Driving home in the car)
Olivia: Mom, when you push a baby out your vagina, does it hurt?
Me: Yes, yes sweetie, it does.
Olivia: Welllll, can you take medicine to help it feel better?
Me: Yes, yes sweetie you can!
Olivia: What kind of medicine?
Me: Wellllll, there are different kinds of medicine you can take.
Olivia: Welll, like what? (sheesh, kid, really?
Me: Well sometimes people have a medicine that goes in your back with a needle. It's called an epidural.
Olivia: BWAHHHHHHH!!!! (Wailing...) I don't want to have a needle in my back!!! I don't want an epidural! Crying proceeds for 5 minutes.
I guess I gave her too much information. :)
3 comments:
This is so timely. I read an article about how epidurals work yesterday, and I thought the EXACT SAME THING. Labor, not so scary. The shot...scary.
Hilarious!!!! :)
Oh Ehlan...you really do need to get published in a bigger way sometime. Way too funny
Post a Comment