Olivia has been working really hard on potty training for, well, it feels like forever! This last week we have seen some major strides! She has gone from flat out refusing, screaming, acting like I was asking her to eat dirt to initiating going potty on her own! She's still not consistent, and prefers to use the potty only when she's with me (or me and other she can show off to...), but hey she's doing it! Sunday she used the potty 5 times, all on her own! Yesterday she was at daycare, refused to go there, but came home and used the potty 2 times before bed! Today she went 4 times! She's leery about panties at this point; I think she's scared to pee in them, but she's all about pull-ups right now. And hey, I just want to do what's going to work!! I think I told you that she's trying to earn a Princess Party by using the potty...I ordered her plates, napkins, and cups yesterday. She'll be thrilled!
Know what else? She's in a nap refusing phase...and I haven't even freaked out! :) I may have gotten a bit frustrated in the moment..but I haven't freaked out. I'm growing up into such a big Mommy!
Speaking of growing up... I think I've told you about Olivia's phrase "Should we talk a little talk?" Here's one of our conversations from last week:
Olivia @ breakfast: Mom, should we talk a little talk?
Me: Sure, what should we talk about? (This is standard in these conversations.)
Olivia: Beds.
Me: Okay, what about beds?
Olivia: I sleep in a big girl bed!
Me: Yes! You do, do you like your big girl bed?
Olivia: Yes! Hey Booga, when you get bigger you can sleep in my big girl bed with me? (Puts on her best "Mommy talking to baby voice") Would you like that Booga baby?? We could cuddle! And Mommy, when you get littler, then you can sleep in my big girl bed with us too!
Me: Oh okay, but I'm not sure I'm getting any littler... What about Daddy?
Olivia: No, he sleeps in your bed.
:)
3 comments:
HA! Ryan in YOUR bed. Smart girl.
I love it - I'm so glad potty training is going better. Sophie has stopped. I thought we were really on a roll - I don't know. I'm not pushing it because I heard that can backfire. Good luck with the party!! ~ Anne
Olivia is a hoot.
Remember to drop her off next time you're in Grand Rapids and you have to run to Target (per Annika's request!). :)
Post a Comment