But my little girl's piggies aren't going anywhere for a while! Let me back up...
We headed up north this weekend to celebrate Christmas with Ryan's family. Shortly after we got there on Friday night Olivia was playing downstairs with her cousins and crying ensued shortly after that. I went down and was greeted with a very sad little girl needing kisses on her foot. Apparently she and her 4 year old cousin climbed up onto a game table and she was pushed off accidentally. She recovered quickly, but when I went to put her back down, she could not bear any weight on her left foot and started crying again. I had her auntie the nurse take a look at it and it didn't seem too bad besides a little swollen. It was bedtime, so we gave her some motrin and put her to bed. She awoke in the middle of the night and tried to get out of bed, but couldn't walk still. She ended up in our bed for the rest of the night (this was the FIRST TIME EVER she slept with us!).
In the morning we took her into the clinic and had x-rays taken--to make a long story short--she broke 4 bones in her foot! Poor little babe! They did not cast or splint it b/c they said it can be more bothersome for them at this age than do good and they heal so quickly. We are taking her to Cambridge tomorrow for another opinion and so she can see her doctor here too. She is in awesome spirits; she is not in pain (thank you Lord!). She can't walk at all or even try to bear weight on her foot at all. She is limited to crawling, which gets frustrating for her, but so far she is doing really good. The only time she is bothered by it is if she tries to get up or when I have to touch her foot (getting dressed, etc.).
Please pray for my little girl! Pray for quick healing, patience, and peace for her busy little spirit! I could use some prayers too--patience and strength as I now have 2 little ones that need to be carried! :)
4 comments:
Oh Ehlan...that is so sad! I hope you get some more advice tomorrow that will get you through the next couple of weeks while she heals.
WOW! Just one thing after another sometimes!!! Prayers with little olivia and her mommy!
Oh, dear, Ehlan! I am SOOO sorry to hear this! I will pray for you and for her. I feel so sad for her! (And very sympathetic to you, too, of course!)
Ehlan...please enlighten me as to how you limit a little girls' actions?! If you can...you are AMAZING! Hang in there...I will be praying for you!
Post a Comment