Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dealing...

Wow--I seriously am ready to be done being pregnant.

I did not feel this way with Olivia; yes, I was ready to be done, but it wasn't this crazy, emotional, seriously get this thing OUT of me feeling that I have this time. Today is hard b/c this would have been the day I had Olivia (2 days before due date). I also just found out that a friend of mine, due a WEEK AFTER me, is going in to be induced in 15 minutes. While, I am very happy for her, particularly b/c one of their other children has major medical problems and they have already filled their deductible for the year, I am feeling miserable and selfish for myself.

In the last 24 hours I have: eaten spicy Thai food, gone for a walk, cleaned the house, pumped several times, and drank like a gallon of raspberry tea...oh yes, and tried the "unmentionables".

I think I may be pregnant forever.

6 comments:

Megan Marie said...

Ooh hun! I went in to early labor with Halle 3 times...each a snow storm and at like 1 am! Here's praying for luck sent your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile! You have a beautiful baby waiting for you soon!

Kristen said...

As I recall from when Melissa had Ella and Tate (weird thing for me to remember!)....I think she went to movie and that seemed to help calm her and bam, labor...don't quote me, i could be wrong!

Sarah said...

Hoping for baby to come soon.

Meanwhile, be miserable, selfish, grumpy, whatever it takes....and don't feel too guilty about it. We've all been there.

Alicia O. & the gang said...

Oh lady...I know..believe me I know. I was 2 weeks overdue..TWICE! But I have found that the more content you get with the situation the more quickly it comes (or maybe it just seems that way when you're overdue!). Just remember...they are easier inside than out...and it may still be "cookin" for a reason! Hang in there lady! Prayers with you!!!

The Portas said...

I can't say I know how you feel because I spent my entire pregnancy praying for one more day, every day. It has to be frustrating, though, just wanting to get the baby out! He/she can't stay in forever! You're sooo so close. Hang in there!

Jazzy said...

Almost there! My good friend swears by Curb walking, it helps move that pelvis and get babys head to stimulate the cervix to start moving. And yes, the "unmentionables" are great for the prostaglandins!!! Best wishes and happy delivery!