I'm starting to take on a few more hours at work. I'm not thrilled, but it isn't awful either. I somehow feel more productive; I think that knowing I have less time at home makes me a little more motivated to get things done around the house. I have a harder time leaving Olivia though!! She's having a tad of separation anxiety--nothing too bad, but it sure makes leaving tough. I'm thinking about introducing a "transition" object to comfort her when I leave. What have you used with your kids?
4 comments:
I would encourage you not to "overthink" this one. Kids are amazingly adaptable beings and with a little consistency she will realize really quickly you are indeed coming back soon! But if you want to use an object...just find what she would usually cling to and start offering it! If she is going to use it as such...she'll take to it. She's such a cutie!
E has been reluctant to have any sort of comfort object and I want him to have one. In his own time, I guess. We put his teddy bear and his blankie in his crib with him every night, but he seems to have no interest.
Good luck with working more! It's tough, I know. :( Hang in there.
I totally agree with Alicia.
also, they tend to feed on our emotions so the more anxious we are, the more they will be...but the calmer we are, the calmer they will be!
also...thank you so much for calling about a meal! I will for sure be caling you back! With all the excitement/anxiety of today with Rae and Joe I didnt get to the phone!! =)
Post a Comment